Fort Wayne, IN
Salary: $22.00 to $28.00 /hour
Great Career Opportunity for Light Truck/Diesel (Import) Mechanic Technician. Well established and respected, upscale automotive dealership has a rewarding opportunity to join their team. Great pay, benefits, work environment, training and many other incentives!
Essential Job Duties
• Diagnosing and repairing (diesel) light truck equipment problems relating to mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components
• Ability to troubleshoot and use critical thinking skills to test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment and/or test drive to resolve, repair or make recommendations.
• Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
• Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as diesel engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
• Communicate effectively either directly with manager or customers in a professional and friendly customer service manner, if any additional service is needed. Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
• Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
• Perform automotive maintenance tasks, including, but not limited to: oil changes, tire rotations, alignments, installations, fluid change/flushes or re-charges.
Essential Job Qualifications
• Import truck / light truck service mechanic work experience – 2 + years minimum
• Critical Thinking/Troubleshooting Skills
• Good Listening and Communication Skillset
• Ability to maintain legible and accurate paperwork, maintenance logs, etc.
• Knowledge of auto repair machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Basic to intermediate level automotive tools
• Vocational or post secondary certificate is preferred
• HS Diploma or High School Equivalency
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to pass basic background and pre-hire drug screen
• Paid training
• Upward mobility/career opportunities
• Medical Insurance/Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance.
• 401 (K) matching.
• Vacation/Holiday Pay
• Great Hours Monday- Friday 8 am – 5 pm
• Highly respected automotive brand; enjoyable environment, exceptionally clean, air conditioned shop.
• Competitive pay ($22-$28 per hour / avg. dependent on skillset/experience)
• Uniforms subsidized
• Tool allowance/subsidy available
Direct hire position/no fee to applicant. Candidate friendly screening process. Resumes and/or applications accepted through May 27, 2019